Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 22 - Great Start - No so great finish

Well, today was a day of contrasts. We started late due to the running order was big to little and so we go to do a little bit of a lie in. So, after a much needed rest, we arrived at the site to see another wonderful JWW course and we were ready to roll! I have to say, after yesterdays wonderful runs I was a bit nervous that I could not keep up the wonderful feeling of confort we have been working under for this past month. Thank goodness it was here again and JWW went with out a hitch! Wonderful run, 1st place, super time, and a great YPS to boot! Can't ask for much more!

So, we now were waiting for STD and the course looked great, fast with some great technical stuff and challenging options! While the 16 inch class was running, we took advantage of our favoriate massage therapist being at the show to work on Shine and Zoom. Well, Shine went first and had a great rub and was ready to roll! I left to put him up and to talk to a client while I was waiting on Zoom. The 16's finished and I went to my walk thru and no Leslie?? After a quick search, she had gone back to the RV and taken Z as he was sick and getting worse. So, we pulled Zoom and I moved to the beginning of the height to run quickly and get over to help Lele. Well, my heart was in the right place, but my focus was not. and I sent Shine off course due to I started to work a turn and it took my focus off of the cross I was to do next and wham! Just goes to show you that you can't let down for a second! I did learn that if I focus too much on what is happening in the moment and not letting it flow, I will make some serious errors. Great lesson and it came non too soon. As for Zoom, he is recovering and we still do not know what is wrong, possibaly a bad batch of food?? Claibre and Kickit are both sick too, but we have gotten it under control before it went too long.

Tomorrow is another day and I am going to 2 Q! TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment