Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 15 - Serious Training!

Finally after several weeks of delays, sick humans, sick dogs and endless travel, I got down to business today with some serious work for me and for Shine. Also, I did some number crunching and figured out I can fly to WTT09 cheeper, much, than dirving the RV! So, I spent the majority of the day booking travel stuff! I forgot how much stuff you have to do! Flight, Hotel, Rental car, parking, luggage, pet reservation, etc!

Training consisted of 2 major parts today, first road work for me that included a walking warmup, then easy sprints, then some ladder drills and finshed with some all out 40 yard sprints. After that a walk down then on to agility work. I set up several sequences that are based on the judges tendencies that will be at FCI Worlds this year. After setting up the sequences, I walked a few times and then set Shine up for the first pass. Well, not to bore you with the details, let's just say it was an eye opening experience to see how it easy it is to do something from a standstill and how hard it is to be done at full speed. After several attempts, we did work it out, but I continue to work on this tomorrow in the AM as I want to own this set before I move on. I have found that it is very important to not just know what will happen in a sequence, but to be so comfortable that your confidence is unmatched. Kind of like a start line stay. If I know it will always hold up under pressure and testing, then I have a comfort level that borders on the cocky! So, my focus for each of these sequences or courses is to "own" them before I move on. No regrets, no wondering what will have when you see it on a course. My wisdom for the night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment